RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier single-source provider of engineering, business, and technology solutions. As a company, ESC- RCMT Canada Corp provides exceptional engineering, design and commissioning services in the transmission and distribution sectors. We believe that the key to success lies in defining the correct technical staff and resources to assure each project stage can be executed within the client’s guidelines. Therefore, we create the highest quality solutions in engineering and architectural design and offer comprehensive field services. Our technical personnel have an in-depth experience in all phases of project execution and our clients enjoy total life cycle solutions in all engineering disciplines. Our customers come from utility, industrial, commercial, and institutional sectors.
The P&C Design Engineer will be responsibility for developing Substation Protection and Control Engineering using several engineering software tools, Ability to perform protection coordination studies using software, familiar with relay configuration and preparation of protection and control logic required by various clients.
The successful candidate will be requested to perform a wide variety of tasks but are not limited to.
- Preparation of functional design specification/station protection & control documents
- Protection key line diagrams / relay one line diagrams
- Integration one line diagram
- Communication one line diagram
- CT performance report
- VT calculations
- AC / DC system (fuse/breaker coordination report)
- Station transformer sizing and ac load calculation
- Battery sizing and battery charger selection
- Schematic diagrams (EWD) using; El Cad, engineering base, micro station
- Panel general arrangements , panel wiring diagrams, panel wiring schedule, BOM
- Cable schedule, cable block diagram, cable routing and cable termination sheets
- Cable sizing calculation
- Relay protection setting calculations and report
- Relay logic diagrams
- Relay parameterization and configuration (GE UR relays and SEL, ABB, Siemens)
- Relay signal lists (DNP3 and MMS)
- HMI screen design
- HMI logic and configuration
- RTU configuration
Nice to Have Skills:
- FAT procedures
- Testing and commissioning quality plans
- Testing and commissioning procedures / SAT Documents
- Primary equipment component testing
- Protection and Control static & dynamic tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and/or a combination of relevant work experience and education is required
- 5-10 years minimum of Protection & Control design of related work experience
- 345kV to 12kV of line and substation experience
- Comprehensive understanding of key principles of electrical power system protection and controls including metering, re-closer operation, and networks.
- Advanced level of Microsoft office software suite of programs
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of issues simultaneously
- Strong analytical, risk assessment and problem solving skills
- Prolonged periods of working out of town are a requirement
PHYSICAL & SITUATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
- Ability to work for extended periods out of town
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).