RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier single-source provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. Over the years, RCM has developed a portfolio of capabilities that offers a breadth of experience and resources to meet our customer’s needs.
As a company, RCMT Canada Corp has a history of dealing with the critical nuclear plant safety systems (as opposed to balance of plant, HVAC etc). These systems carry with them the most stringent design and quality requirements in the nuclear industry. Having performed significant scopes of EPC work on these systems, we are experienced in implementing the full range of EPC functions in the required high quality nuclear environment.
RCM is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager for our Kincardine office. Reporting to our Chief Engineer, the manager will lead, mentor and coach our engineers/designers who are working on the successful delivery of critical projects to our Nuclear Utility Client. You will be working with a team of highly skilled individuals including our project managers and discipline leads. The manager will also work closely with our Engineering department in our Pickering ON office.
- The appropriately qualified candidate will be responsible for managing the Kincardine Engineering Team. We require an individual with strong business acumen and experience managing people and multiple projects. This individual must be a licensed Engineer, preferably in the Province of Ontario.
- Supervise and mentor within a team environment
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers and technical staff; provide direction to help others meet objectives.
- Collaborate with management on preparation of project proposals and estimates.
- Provide leadership and direction to a diversified team responsible for RCM’s engineering activities.
- Ensure staff are available and competent for the work program as defined by the RCM business planning activities
- Ensuring completion of the assigned work per the project schedule and budget
- Manage the preparation, verification and approval including PEO certification as required, including self-assessments for engineering products.
- Ensure engineering records are produced, as required by the quality assurance manual, including design planning, design inputs and outputs, design review, design verification and design change packages.
- Approval of design deliverables, on behalf of the Chief Engineer, ensuring that all engineering activities are performed in accordance with written and approved policy, standards, programs and procedures that reflect legal and regulatory requirements, meet recognized codes and standards and the requirements of the RCM Quality Assurance Manual.
- Provide knowledge and oversight for multi-disciplinary work including:
- Mechanical – pressure boundary for CSA N285.0, CSA B51, B31.1, B31.3, piping codes and other analysis codes such as ANSYS, responsible for ensuring that Certification of Authorization (TSSA) for Pressure Boundary work is maintained.
- Electrical/I&C – design, installation of power distribution, transmission systems, power systems protection, application of Canadian / Ontario Electrical Code, NEMA, UL, IEC and related analysis tools such as ETAP.
- Civil – Concrete containment under CSA N287 series standards, Seismic Qualification under CSA N289 series standards, Safety Related Structures under CSA 291, National Building Code of Canada (NBCC) & Ontario Building Code (OBC)
- Provide resolution of technical issues during design, installation and commissioning phases of projects.
- Provide resources to support project staff during installation, commissioning and closeout phases of a project
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement in engineering including the use of corrective action and OPEX
- University degree in an Engineering field or Applied Science from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Professional Engineer licensed in the applicable local jurisdiction, PEO
- Project Management training is desirable
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact well at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a large, diverse engineering organization
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands
- Results oriented and takes ownership of the work, strong multi-tasker and team player
- Strong knowledge of nuclear design engineering and related codes and standards
- Good understanding of Nuclear Power Plant design and operation
- Good understanding of design and regulatory requirements relative to the operation of a CANDU power plant is desirable
- 15 years of related work experience is preferable
- Must have the ability to be flexible and work with competing priorities.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access a plus
- Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
- Minor lifting related to an average desk position, supplies/reports etc.
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).