Senior I&C/Electrical Engineer (10+ years’ experience) – Pickering Office
We are growing our Pickering office and are looking to support and develop enthusiastic senior level Electrical/I&C engineers to offer our clients long term sustainable solutions. Successful candidates will have growth opportunities from industry experts in a variety of areas and freedom to play a leading role in our business with OPG and Bruce Power into the future.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. We provide the most comprehensive range of engineering services available to the Nuclear Power Generation Sector supplying solutions to both OEMs and operating stations. We have performed significant scopes of EPC work and are experienced in implementing the full range of EPC functions in a high-quality nuclear environment. Our broad industry knowledge includes the following core competencies: “High-quality level, multi-discipline nuclear engineering design, procurement, and construction management”.
• Accountable for solving unique problems that support production of clean safe reliable power in Ontario
• Provide innovative design engineering and other technical solutions to our clients.
• Support and mentor junior staff in execution of design work.
• Coordinate multi-discipline modifications.
• Complete field visits to support engineering work development.
• Liaise with clients to ensure solutions identified meet underlying needs.
• Complete engineering deliverables to support plant lifetime operations including design, construction, testing, commissioning, plant operations, maintenance and decommissioning
• Specialty area support such as Fire Protection, Containment Boundary, Nuclear Safety, and Seismic
Core I&C Engineering Focus Areas at RCM:
• Control logic, loop diagrams, wiring diagrams
• Process Monitoring
• Integration with PLC (Schneider, Rockwell, ABB, GE, etc.), DCS, SCADA, HMI
• Instrument Selection and Calibration Specifications
• Software Qualification and Cyber Security
• Fire Protection System design
Core Electrical Engineering Focus Areas at RCM:
• Power distribution, Motor Control Centers and Switchgear, High Voltage Systems and Equipment Design including Electrical Relay protections and coordination schemes
• Electrical Relay protections schemes
• Lighting design, Lightning protection, Grounding
• Battery and UPS sizing and design
• Amplifiers, Digital and Analog filters
• Electronic Circuits
• Circuit Analysis (e.g. coordination studies, arc-flash, load study, voltage drop and cable sizing calculations)
• Use of engineering analysis software such as ETAP
Skills & Abilities:
• Results driven self-starter with demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
• Ability to effectively lead a team to achieve shared solutions
• Demonstrated ability to execute work to high safety and quality requirements
• Strong understanding of design codes and standards
• Strong problem-solving ability demonstrated through enhanced productivity
• Ability to respond rapidly to changing demands and transition between diverse projects and work teams
• Familiarity with the design and operation of a Canadian Deuterium (CANDU) power plant is an asset.
• Strong written and verbal communication with colleagues and clients.
• Familiarization with OPG/Bruce Power change control process an asset.
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant area of study from a university of recognized standing, a graduate degree would be an asset
• Professional Engineer with PEO or eligible to be a member of PEO or equivalent organization within Canada
• Experience with OPG or Bruce Power is an asset
• Travel within Southwestern Ontario may be required therefore must have valid driver’s license
• Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
• Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
• Visits to client site for pre-and Post-installation walkdowns
• Minor lifting related to an average desk position, supplies/reports etc.
• Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to and in accordance with all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.