Procurement Engineering Specialist – Pickering Office
We are growing our Pickering office and are looking to support and develop enthusiastic intermediate level mechanical engineers to offer our clients long term sustainable solutions. Successful candidates will have growth opportunities from industry experts in a variety of areas and freedom to play a leading role in our business with Bruce Power into the future.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. We provide the most comprehensive range of engineering services available to the Nuclear Power Generation Sector supplying solutions to both OEMs and operating stations. We have performed significant scopes of EPC work and are experienced in implementing the full range of EPC functions in the high-quality nuclear environment. Our broad industry knowledge includes the following core competencies: “High-quality level, multi-discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls, Civil) nuclear engineering design, procurement, and construction management”.
This role supports the RCM Technologies projects and engineering organizations. Activities must be performed in accordance with written and approved policies, standards, programs and procedures supporting procurement engineering activities, including supporting our clients requirements/qualifications for fulfilling this role. The incumbent will be a key resource in a well-established PE team, who support critical nuclear programs and will be an integrated into a PE team within RCM with many years of experience. All applicable rules, regulations, codes, standards and requirements of the RCM Quality Assurance Manual and if required, the clients Quality program must be adhered too when executing tasks for this
- Prepare Project Deliverables, such as:
- Prepare and manipulate the clients Work Management system as required in order to support designs, in compliance with client specific procedures/processes, activities such as:
- Creation of Action Requests
- Support CATID completion
- Item Equivalence Evaluations
- Procurement Screening activities
- Purchasability Assessments
- These staff may also be accountable to support project teams as required, including but not limited to supporting with:
- Client Work Management system updates and/or data/information gathering
- Supporting Procurement and Engineering by understanding vendor component material specifications to ensure accurate and applicable design implementation is achieved
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-purchase screening (Technical review) of parts & materials. Qualified Screener create clean and adequate procurement specifications for materials, equipment & components based on design basis documentation. Pre-Screener interfaces with other groups in order to help ensure purchased items perform their intended end use design functions. Pre-screener ensures that procured goods are specified at an appropriate quality to fulfill all safety and regulatory requirements for intended plant application
Bill of materials:
- Researching, gathering and assembling the Bill of Material (BoM) of assembled equipment. Qualified BMU personnel create EBoMs which are design based list of catalogued assemblies, sub-assemblies and spare parts that represents a specific design configuration of Passport equipment (within the Master Equipment List) or Passport equipment Uniquely Tracked Commodity (UTC) to support design configuration, engineering changes, operation & maintenance.
- PE Evaluation: Qualified PES performs following types of PE Evaluations; Q010 Evaluation, Item Equivalency Evolution (IEE), Administrative Evaluation and Generic Evaluation. Q010 Evaluation is a mechanism for documenting review and changes of safety-related and augmented quality purchases (as required). Additionally, a PE Evaluation is the mechanism to establish and document the basis for technical and quality requirement related to items. Item Equivalency Evaluation IEE are used for evaluating items that has been deemed as obsolete, has had a material composition change, the actual design for the item has changed or certain parameters like dimensions have changed. The IEE reviews that Critical Characteristics for Design (CCDs) “Fit”, “Form” & “Function” of the new item are equivalent to the original design basis
- Interface under the direction of the Program Manager, Bruce Power Projects, with the customer with respect to work planning and status of work, as well responsible for supporting the resolution of any procurement related issues
- University degree, or degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a College Technology Diploma or a combination of education and work experience.
- An engineering degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in a relevant industry
- Technical capability to read/understand mechanical, civil, electrical and instrumentation control design drawings, technical specifications, and vendor manuals (operations, maintenance, commissioning instructions, etc.)
- Have detailed working knowledge of CSA Z299/N299 Quality Program is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of the clients Work Management processes and system (i.e. Asset Suite/PassPort/Maximo) is an asset.
- 4 to 10 years knowledge of Nuclear Power Plant design and operation is preferred.
- Can maintain organization and can plan, status and follow-up on multiple tasks at any given time.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact well at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team environment and take direction from coworkers and superiors
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands
- Results oriented and takes ownership of assigned tasks, strong multi-tasker and team player
- Must have the ability to be flexible and work with competing priorities.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office
- Overtime as required.
- Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Minor lifting related to an average desk position, supplies/reports etc.
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to and in accordance with all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.