High Voltage Substation Designer
Posting # 2021-01
Position Type: Full-time Continuing
Position Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Start Date: Immediate
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier single-source provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. Over the years, RCM has developed a portfolio of capabilities that offers a breadth of experience and resources to meet our customer’s needs.
As a company, RCMT Canada Corp has a history of dealing with the critical nuclear plant safety systems (as opposed to balance of plant, HVAC etc.). These systems carry with them the most stringent design and quality requirements in the nuclear industry. Having performed significant scopes of EPC work on these systems, we are experienced in implementing the full range of EPC functions in the required high quality nuclear environment. Our broad industry knowledge includes the following core competencies: “high-quality level, multi-discipline nuclear engineering design, procurement and construction management”.
The Station Engineer will be responsible for designing high voltage substations, generate electrical assembly drawings, grounding, lightening drawings, wiring and one-line diagrams. Familiar with station services such as AC and DC station supplies, station transformers and batteries with battery chargers.
The Station Designer will be working under an Energy Services Senior Engineer and will be responsible for developing and/or reviewing one-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, station layouts, electrical arrangements, grounding drawings and details. It is expected that the candidate would be able to generate bill of materials and assist in the purchasing process with the procurement team as required.
The successful candidate is expected to use:
- 3D tools such as Revit, Micro station 3D and AutoCAD 3D as a minimum for station design.
- Participate workflows within the rest of the team
- Use 2 and 3D tools related to substation design, including 3D Models based on 2D drawings and 3D Point Cloud files
- using industry standard tools and procedures based on the client’s requests
- Responsible for developing 2D drawings based on hand sketches, discussions, and direct input from lead engineer Drawing types are those normally associated with various engineering disciplines such as, but not limited to; substation layouts and elevations, high voltage equipment and associated support details, elementary wiring diagrams and Structural steelwork.
- • Minimum qualifications are; Technician or Technologist diploma from a college of recognized standing within a Civil, Mechanical or Electrical discipline
- It would be an asset to have a bachelor’s degree from an university of recognized standing in Electrical Engineering and is a member of PEO or eligible to be a member of PEO
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Premier, After Effect, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk AutoCAD (2D and 3D)
- Bentley Micro Station (2D and #D)
- Knowledge of the following software packages would be an asset; Recap, 3D Studio MAX, Revit and Inventor
- Understanding of key principles of electrical power systems.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact well at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team environment and take direction from coworkers and superiors
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands
- Results oriented and takes ownership of assigned tasks, strong multi-tasker and team player
- Must have the ability to be flexible and work with competing priorities.
PHYSICAL & SITUATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to and in accordance with all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.