Drafter and 3D Modeller
Posting # 2021-07
Position Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Start Date: August-September 2021
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier single-source provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. Over the years, RCM has developed a portfolio of capabilities that offers a breadth of experience and resources to meet our customer’s needs.
The successful candidate/s will be responsible for developing 3D models based on 2D drawings and 3D Point Cloud files, using industry standard tools and procedures based on our client’s requests. The candidate will also be responsible for developing 2D drawings based on hand sketches, discussions, and direct input from lead engineer. Drawing are those normally associated with various engineering disciplines such as but not limited to, piping isometrics and associated support details, HVAC, Elementary wiring diagrams and Civil steelwork.
Demonstrated knowledge of the following software packages is required:
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk AutoCAD (2D and 3D)
- Bentley Micro station (2D and 3D)
Knowledge of the following software packages would be an asset:
- 3D Studio MAX
- Adobe Premier, After Effect, Photoshop, Illustrator
- • Recap or other 3D cloud related software
- A background in either Electrical Design or Civil/Structural ideally having completed a 2- or 3-year engineering technician/technologist program.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact well at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team environment and take direction from coworkers and superiors
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands
- Results oriented and takes ownership of assigned tasks, strong multi-tasker and team player
- Must have the ability to be flexible and work with competing priorities.
PHYSICAL & SITUATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to and in accordance with all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.