Date Posted: January 2020
Posting #: 2020-01
Position: Supervising Engineer, Mechanical (8+ years’ experience)
Position Location: Kincardine Office
Start Date: February 2020
We are growing our Kincardine office and are seeking an individual with demonstrated leadership, technical experience and client management skills. The role involves leadership and supervision of a team of engineers providing our clients long-term sustainable solutions. Reporting to the Manager- Engineering, the supervisor will lead, mentor and coach our engineers/designers who are working on the successful delivery of critical projects to our Nuclear Utility Client. If successful, you will be working with a team of highly skilled individuals including our project managers and discipline leads. Demonstrated ability to use technology to facilitate collaboration with remote offices is an asset as we execute work concurrently with the Engineering department in our Pickering office.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. We provide the most comprehensive range of engineering services available to the Nuclear Power Generation Sector supplying solutions to both OEMs and operating stations. We have performed significant scopes of EPC work and are experienced in implementing the full range of EPC functions in the required high quality nuclear environment. Our broad industry knowledge includes the following core competencies: “High-quality level, multi-discipline nuclear engineering design, procurement, and construction management”.
- Supervise and mentor the Kincardine Engineering Design Team
- Lead team in solving unique problems that support production of clean safe reliable power in Ontario
- Promote development of innovative design solutions for our clients.
- Liaise with clients to ensure solutions identified meet underlying needs.
- Provide knowledge and oversight for engineering deliverables to support plant lifetime operations including design, construction, testing, commissioning, plant operations, maintenance and decommissioning
- Provide resolution of technical issues during design, installation and commissioning phases of projects.
- Resource management, work assignment, and support for proposals and estimating
- Track and support team performance on schedule and cost metrics
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the team
Core Engineering Focus Areas at RCM’s Kincardine Office:
- Consulting engineering solutions
- Process Piping Design, including Valves, Pumps, and Heat Exchangers
- Fluid Dynamics, including steady state and dynamic flow analyses
- Machine Design, Solid Mechanics, and Failure Theory, including piping stress analysis and FEA
- Familiarity with/Knowledge of Bruce Power’s systems, processes, and procedures
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to interact well at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Results oriented and takes ownership of the work
- Ability to effectively work on a multi-disciplinary team to achieve shared solutions
- Demonstrated ability to execute work to high safety and quality requirements
- Strong problem-solving ability demonstrated through enhanced productivity
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing demands and transition between diverse projects and work teams
- Demonstrated experience training and mentoring others is an asset.
- Familiarity with the design and operation of a Canadian Deuterium (CANDU) power plant is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of nuclear design engineering and related codes and standards is an asset.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
- Minimum of 8 years working experience
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a consulting environment
- Project Management training
- Experience working in a power generation or processing plant
- Experience with Bruce Power
- Mechanical Engineer is preferred but other candidates holding a P.Eng. in Ontario will be considered
- Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
- Visits to client site for Pre-and Post-installation walkdowns
- Minor lifting related to an average desk position, supplies/reports etc.
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to and is in accordance with all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.