We are growing our Kincardine office and are looking to support and develop enthusiastic engineering new graduates to offer our clients long term sustainable solutions. Successful candidates will need to be able to learn quickly in a rapidly changing environment and will be provided with growth opportunities from industry experts in a variety of areas to support this development.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. We provide the most comprehensive range of engineering services available to the Nuclear Power Generation Sector supplying solutions to both OEMs and operating stations. We have performed significant scopes of EPC work and are experienced in implementing the full range of EPC functions in the required high quality nuclear environment. Our broad industry knowledge includes the following core competencies: “High-quality level, multi-discipline nuclear engineering design, procurement, and construction management”.
- Support senior engineers in solving unique problems to support clean safe reliable power in Ontario
- Support senior engineers in providing innovative design engineering and technical solutions to our clients.
- Complete field visits to support engineering work development.
- Direct liaisons with clients to ensure solutions identified meet underlying needs.
- Complete engineering deliverables to support plant lifetime operations including design, construction, testing, commissioning, plant operations, maintenance and decommissioning
Core Mechanical Engineering Focus Areas at RCM:
- Consulting engineering solutions
- Process Piping Design, including Valves, Pumps, and Heat Exchangers
- Fluid Dynamics, including steady state and dynamic flow analyses
- Machine Design, Solid Mechanics, and Failure Theory, including piping stress analysis and FEA
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Specialty area support such as Fire Protection, Containment Boundary, Nuclear Safety, and Seismic
- Use of engineering analysis software such as ANSYS Mechanical, AUTOPIPE, CAESAR, etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter with demonstrated interest and ability to learn
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to enhance knowledge through working with senior staff and industry experts
- Ability to execute work to high safety and quality requirements
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing demands
- Understanding of design codes and standards is an asset
- Familiarity with the design and operation of a Canadian Deuterium (CANDU) power plant is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; specifically, Mechanical Engineering
- Registered or eligible as an EIT in the Province of Ontario is an asset
- Previous engineering work experience is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
- Travel within Southwestern Ontario may be required therefore must have valid driver’s license
- Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
- Visits to client site for pre-and Post-installation walkdowns
- Minor lifting related to an average desk position, supplies/reports etc.
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to and in accordance with all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.