Intermediate Mechanical Engineer (3 to 10 years’ experience) – Kincardine Office
We are growing our Kincardine office and are looking to support and develop enthusiastic intermediate level mechanical engineers to offer our clients long term sustainable solutions. Successful candidates will have growth opportunities from industry experts in a variety of areas and freedom to play a leading role in our business with Bruce Power into the future.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. We provide the most comprehensive range of engineering services available to the Nuclear Power Generation Sector supplying solutions to both OEMs and operating stations. We have performed significant scopes of EPC work and are experienced in implementing the full range of EPC functions in the required high-quality nuclear environment. Our broad industry knowledge includes the following core competencies: “High-quality level, multi-discipline nuclear engineering design, procurement, and construction management”.
- Accountable for solving unique problems that support production of clean safe reliable power in Ontario
- Provide innovative design engineering and other technical solutions to our clients.
- Complete field visits to support engineering work development.
- Direct liaisons with clients to ensure solutions identified meet underlying needs.
- Complete engineering deliverables to support plant lifetime operations including design, construction, testing, commissioning, plant operations, maintenance and decommissioning
Core Mechanical Engineering Focus Areas at RCM:
- Consulting engineering solutions
- Process Piping Design, including Valves, Pumps, and Heat Exchangers
- Fluid Dynamics, including steady state and dynamic flow analyses
- Machine Design, Solid Mechanics, and Failure Theory, including piping stress analysis and FEA
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Specialty area support such as Fire Protection, Containment Boundary, Nuclear Safety, and Seismic
- Use of engineering analysis software such as ANSYS Mechanical, AUTOPIPE, CAESAR, etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Results driven self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to effectively work on a multi-disciplinary team to achieve shared solutions
- Demonstrated ability to execute work to high safety and quality requirements
- Understanding of design codes and standards (CSA, ASME, ASHRAE)
- Strong problem-solving ability demonstrated through enhanced productivity
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing demands and transition between diverse projects and work teams
- Familiarity with the design and operation of a Canadian Deuterium (CANDU) power plant is an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant area of study from a university of recognized standing
- Member of PEO or eligible to be a member of PEO or equivalent organization within Canada
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
- Experience working in a power generation or processing plan is an asset
- Experience with Bruce Power is an asset
- Travel within Southwestern Ontario may be required therefore must have valid driver’s license
- Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
- Visits to client site for pre-and Post-installation walkdowns
- Minor lifting related to an average desk position, supplies/reports etc.
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to and in accordance with all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.