RCM Technologies Canada Corp. (“RCMTCC”) is a premier provider of business and technology solutions. For over 30 years, industry leaders and technology companies have repeatedly relied on RCMTCC for engineering design, project management and technical support services. RCMTCC is recognized for its accomplishments with large Engineering-Procurement-Construction projects as well as smaller but equally detailed partial to full service projects.
Our Professional Engineering Services group provides broad-based services to clients in a variety of industries including Nuclear Electric Power Generation, engineer of record for industrial facilities and pressure boundary code work to CSA N285.0, ASME Section III, CSA B51, ASME B31.1, and B31.3. A long history and partnership with our clients have earned RCM a reputation of being a top-quality engineering services provider.
Our combination of strong technical expertise and extensive industry knowledge and experience facilitates RCMTCC’s ability to bring effective and efficient solutions to the critical business challenges of our clients.
RCM is seeking an Electrical, I&C – Engineering Manager for our Pickering office. Reporting to our Chief Engineer, the Manager will lead, mentor and coach our engineers/designers who are working on the successful delivery of critical projects to our Nuclear Utility Client. You will be working with a team of highly skilled individuals including our project managers and discipline leads. The manager will also work closely with RCMCC’s Engineering department in our Kincardine Ontario office.
• The candidate will be responsible for managing the Pickering Engineering Team (Electrical, I&C). We require an individual with strong business acumen and experience managing people involved in multiple, multi-discipline projects. This individual must be a licensed Engineer, Province of Ontario.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers and technical staff; provide direction to help others meet objectives.
• Provide Codes and Standards expertise (CSA N286, C22.1/OESC, IEC, IEEE, CSA N290, NFPA, etc.)
• Collaborate with management on preparation of project proposals and estimates.
• Ensure staff are available and competent for assigned work.
• Provide oversight and guidance to staff to ensure completion of the assigned work per the project schedule and budget.
• Manage the preparation, verification and approval for engineering products, including PEO certification as required.
• Ensure engineering documents and records are produced in compliance with the quality assurance manual, including design planning, design inputs and outputs, design review, design verification and design change packages.
• Approval of design deliverables, on behalf of the Chief Engineer, ensuring that all engineering activities are performed in accordance with written and approved policy, standards, programs and procedures that reflect legal and regulatory requirements, meet recognized codes and standards and the requirements of the RCM Quality Assurance Manual.
• Provide knowledge and oversight for Electrical/I&C design work including:
installation of power distribution, transmission systems, power systems protection, application of Canadian / Ontario Electrical Code, NEMA, UL, IEC and related analysis tools such as ETAP.
• Provide resolution of technical issues during design, installation and commissioning phases of projects.
• Provide resources to support project staff during installation, commissioning and closeout phases of a project
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement in engineering including the use of corrective action and OPEX
• University degree in an Electrical Engineering field from a recognized post-secondary institution
• Professional Engineer licensed in Ontario
• Project Management training is desirable
• Strong knowledge of nuclear design engineering and related codes and standards
• Good understanding of Nuclear Power Plant design and operation
• Good understanding of design and regulatory requirements relative to the operation of a CANDU power plant is desirable
• Previous experience with nuclear configuration management software an asset (Asset Suite, Passport, Cognos, etc.)
• 15 years of related work experience
• Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access a plus
• Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact well at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a large, diverse engineering organization
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands
• Results oriented and takes ownership of the work, strong multi-tasker and team player
• Must have the ability to be flexible and work with competing priorities.
• Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
• Minor lifting related to an average desk position, supplies/reports etc.
• Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
• Travel to and temporary assignment to client sites and other RCMT offices may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).