Position: High Voltage Substation Station Design Engineer/Designer
Position Type: 3 to 6-month assignment duration
Position Location: RCM Technologies Canada Corp. – Energy Services (Work Location – Pittsburgh USA)
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. (“RCMTCC”) is a premier provider of business and technology solutions. For over 25 years, industry leaders and technology companies have repeatedly relied on RCMTCC for engineering design, project management and technical support services. RCMTCC is recognized for its accomplishments with large Engineering-Procurement-Construction projects as well as smaller but equally detailed partial to full service projects.
The Station Design Engineer with minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing high voltage substations, generation of electrical assembly drawings, grounding, lightening drawings, wiring diagrams and one line diagrams. Familiar with station services such as AC and DC station supplies, station transformers and batteries with battery chargers.
The Station Design Engineer will be working under RCMT Senior Engineer and be responsible for developing and/or reviewing one line diagrams, wiring diagrams, station layouts and electrical arrangements, grounding drawings and details. It is expected that candidate would be able to generate bill of materials and assist in purchasing process to procurement team as needed.
Successful candidate is expected to use 3D tools such as Microstation 3D and Autocad 3D as a minimum for station design. It is expected that successful candidate will learn certain workflows within the rest of the team and specific 3D tools related to substation design.
It is expected that candidate would be able to make 3D models based on 2D drawings and 3D Point Cloud files, using industry standard tools and procedures based on our client’s requests. The candidate will also be responsible for developing 2D drawings based on hand sketches, discussions, and direct input from lead engineer. Drawing types are those normally associated with various engineering disciplines such as, but not limited to; substation layouts and elevations, high voltage equipment and associated support details, Elementary wiring diagrams and Structural steelwork.
Demonstrated knowledge of the following software packages is required:
• Autodesk AutoCAD (2D and 3D)
• Bentley Micro station (2D and 3D)
Knowledge of the following software packages would be an asset:
• 3D Studio MAX
• Adobe Premier, After Effect, Photoshop, Illustrator
• A Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with eligibility to obtain a P.Eng through the PEO is preferred,
• A background in either Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Design, ideally having completed a 2 or 3 year engineering technician/technologist program with 3 to 5 years experience.
• Understanding of key principles of electrical power systems.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact well at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
• Ability to work within a multi-discipline team environment and take direction from coworkers and superiors
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands
• Results oriented and takes ownership of assigned tasks, strong multi-tasker and team player
• Must have the ability to be flexible and work with competing priorities.
PHYSICAL & SITUATIONAL DEMANDS:
• Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
• Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).